Beast of the East Sled Pull Rules
– Tech officials reserve the right to inspect competing vehicles for rules violations at any time. Tech decisions are final.
– No passengers allowed on the track.
– Pullers will have 2 attempts at a measurable distance. Puller must make an attempt to stop before the 75 foot mark for a rehook.
– Pulling out of bounds will be disqualified.
– All pulls start with a tight chain.
– Puller must wait for the green flag to begin pull. Puller shall stop at any time the red flag is displayed. Starting a pull under the red flag will be an automatic disqualification.
– Test puller will drop to the bottom of the class.
6300 lbs. maximum weight with driver. All vehicles must cross the scales prior to participating. Fuel and water may not be added after crossing the scales – except if qualified for a pull-off.
Additional added weight is permitted. Hanging weights and brackets may not extend more than 195 inches from the centerline of the rear axle. Trucks with longer wheelbases are welcome to participate and may place weights securely fastened inside the engine compartment, but not inside the cab.
Truck exterior must be stock in appearance. Body and frame must match. No mini truck body or frames (i.e. Ranger, Dakota, s-10).the complete truck body must have factory sheet metal and factory glass windows. the cab must have O.E.M. firewall and O.E.M. floor for safety. Wooden flatbeds are permitted. Fiberglass hoods and fiberglass hood scoops are permitted. Fiberglass body panels are not permitted unless they are O.E.M factory parts for the make and model of the truck and used as the manufacturer intended.
Factory 1 ton or less full size truck O.E.M. frames are required. Altering the frame length is not permitted. Frame strengthening such as gusseting and ladder bars is acceptable. No tube frames or homemade frames are accepted. a solid blocked rear suspension is permitted. Adjustable caster/camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided factory-mounting points to chassis are maintained. The lower mounting point for the strut assembly may be modified for improved caster or camber. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted. lift kits are acceptable. If air bags are used valve must be at bag.
The vehicle must retain the original factory wheelbase (+/- 1”); the wheelbase must be compatible to the body used.
Engine must remain behind the radiator. Radiator mush be in the stock location. No aluminum engine blocks are permitted unless O.E.M. Cast iron blocks only, aluminium intakes are permitted. Any cast iron or conventional type aluminium cylinder heads permitted. No sheet metal, or tunnel ram intakes permitted. Dry
sump oiling systems permitted. Dominator carbs are permitted. No turbos, superchargers, injection, efi, split or dual carbs. One spark plug per cylinder. Open headers are approved. Engine exhaust must be routed in following ways:
1). Engine exhaust may be routed vertically up thru the vehicles hood. The exhaust
must be minimum 6” higher than the hood when the hood is in the closed position.
2). Exhaust routed under the vehicle must exit under the cab and but before the rear
3). Factory type Configuration
Swaps between manufacturers are not permitted.
All trucks must be equipped with a kill switch. A true street truck which is still licensed, inspected and legal for the street may be permitted to pull without a kill switch with Tech Officials approval.
Fuel and Fuel Tanks:
Gasoline is the only type fuel permitted. Turbo-blue and cam-2 are permitted. No propylene oxide additives or the like. Fuel tanks must in the stock location or may be in the bed. Exception: fuel tanks may also be mounted on the front, but must be completely enclosed within the weight box and not visible. in this case a manual fuel shutoff (ball valve easily accessible from the front part of the truck) is required on the weight box.
Nitrous oxide is prohibited. All other oxygen extenders are prohibited. System components must be removed from the truck.
Batteries must be securely mounted; batteries must either be in the stock location or these may be moved into the bed or they may also be mounted on the front, but must be completely enclosed within the weight box and not visible. in this case a manual battery disconnect (easily accessible from the front part of the truck) is required on the weight box.
Radiators must be in the stock location and at least of stock size.
The hitch must be stationary in all directions. The hitch’s height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches. The length of the hitch measured from the center of
the rear axle to the hitch point may be no shorter that 27% of the actual wheelbase of the truck and a maximum of 36” in length. All hitch mounting points must be located below the frame rails. The area where the hook point is at must be free and clear of any obstructions. A truck may compete with a Reese style hitch or may pull form the bumper as long as it meets the 27% rule. The hooking point must have a minimum 3.75 inch inside diameter opening. No lever, pivot, axis, or other types of “trick” hitches are permitted. no vertical hitches, all hitches must be 33 degrees or less parallel to the ground. A second hitch is not required in this class.
Maximum tire size 36×14.5. All tires must carry a D.O.T. number on the side wall, dot number must be easily read from the outside of the tire. No dual wheels, studded tires, tire chains or any tire not specifically intended for street use are not permitted. Use of dirt deflectors is prohibited.
No cut, altered or sharpened tires are permitted.
Front hydraulic brakes are mandatory. driveline brakes accepted.
Transmission and transfer case and front and rear differentials must be O.E.M. and available in a one ton (or smaller) pick-up truck.
- Required on all truck that are not licensed for the highway.
- Required on all trucks that are not properly inspected for the highway. Trucks must have at least six inch wide u-joint shields around the rear u-joints constructed of at least 1/4 inch steel or 3/8 inch aluminum that will safely contain the u-joint and the ends of each shaft. In addition there will be at least one shaft loop in the middle of the drive shaft. All shields must be securely mounted to the vehicle. Any front shaft u-joint that is visible from the side of the truck must be shielded to contain the u-joint and the end of the shaft.Flywheel Shield (Manual Transmissions):
- Required on all truck that is not licensed for the highway.
- Required on all trucks that are not properly inspected for the highway.
All vehicles equipped with a manual transmission must have a flywheel shield. Applications for which a flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attached blanket that completely covers the bell housing. It must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened.
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. a clutch meeting minimum SFI spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory on all vehicles. All transmissions must be clutch assisted. sequential shifters are prohibited.
Automatic Transmission Blanket:
- Required on all truck that are not licensed for the highway.
- Required on all trucks that are not properly inspected for the highway. Must use a properly attached blanket that completely covers the bell housing. It must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened.Driver Restraint System:The OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be utilized during competition.Helmet:Motor sport type helmet is required for all drivers of trucks.FireSuit:SFI approved fire jacket, long pants and leather shoes are recommend for all drivers of trucks that are not currently licensed, insured and inspected for street use.Event Operation:Driver’s window must be rolled completely up while competing. Other windows on the truck may be lowered. Passengers are not permitted in the truck at any time either in the pits or on the track.Credentials:
- All drivers must have a valid state driver’s license.
- Trucks in this class do not have to be licensed or inspected or insured.
- Any street licensed truck that chooses to enter this class must be fully licensedand insured.
Class 1: Work Stock Gas Class designed for daily driven on the road full size trucks.
Weight: 6,500 lbs. Gas Trucks Only
1. Weight may be added in the bed of the truck only and must be securely fastened.
2. Headers allowed, must have street legal exhaust system.
3. Computer chips and reprogramming is allowed.
4. Suspension may not be blocked – ladder bars allowed. Airbags must be empty and disconnected. Factory installed suspension stops only.
5. Must be licensed and inspected for state truck is registered in.
6. No bumpers of excessive weight. Snow plow frames (must be operational) and factory built winch bumpers are acceptable as long as they do not add excessive weight.
7. Aluminum intake and one four barrel carb. Allowed. No high rise, ram or cross ram intakes.
8. Must pull from an unmodified Reese style hitch. Max height 26 in. & must have a 3 1/2 in. hole or a twisted clevis horizontal to the ground.
9. Body, hood, bed and fenders must meet OEM specifications. Flat beds must be street legal. Beds must have full floor. All window glass must be in place. Doors and windows must function up and down. No Plexiglas windows.
10. OEM, Transmission transfer case and front and rear-end housings are mandatory. They must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pickup.
11. Tires must be street legal tires with DOT number on the sidewall. Tread pattern may not be cut. Dual rear tires may be used in competition.
12. Wheelbase of truck must be original wheelbase for the body being used.
Wild Street Diesel
***If pulling this class, you will not be eligible to pull in 2.6 Smooth Bore. 2.6 Smooth Bore is not eligible to pull in this class.***
Must be licensed, insured, inspected, and street legal. All drivers must have current driver’s license. Vehicles may be 2- or 4-wheel drive. Vehicle may be gas or diesel engine. All pulling vehicles may be held for a pre/post competition inspection. Failure to abide may result in a disqualification. *** Helmets will be required for all B.O.T.E. classes***
1. OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be worn. Helmets are required. No exceptions.
2. Vehicle must retain FULL OEM interior. This includes all seating as designed for cab configuration, full dash, door panels, carpet/vinyl flooring, etc.
3. Ballast is permitted and must be secured in pickup bed only. Front hanging weights is prohibited. Weight in the cab or engine bay is prohibited. 8500 lbs. with driver.
4. Body must retain full OEM truck body. Aftermarket hoods permitted. Aftermarket (ranch hand, roll pans, or other) bumpers permitted. Snowplow mounts permitted; snowplow frame prohibited. All headlight assemblies must be installed. Window tint is permitted.
5. Driveline must retain OEM style driveline from one ton truck or less. Planetary axles, drop box, and/or reverser are prohibited. Driveline components may be swapped between manufacturers. Driveshaft size and material may be upgraded. Driveshaft u-joints MUST be covered if visible from the side of the truck. B.O.T.E. have the right to require addition u-joint shields/safety equipment.
6. Engine must have been offered as an OEM engine in a one ton or less truck. Engine can be interchanged between manufactures.
7. Hitch heights are as follows. 20-inch 4×4 diesel or turbo gas 24-inch 4×4 naturally aspirated gas 26-inch 2wd diesel 30-inch 2wd naturally aspirated gas Hitch is different heights to level out class and attempt to keep everyone competitive. Please be sure you can get it to the correct height. Reese style hitches only. Draw bar style or “trick” hitches prohibited. Hook point must extend beyond the back of bumper/roll pan. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Clevises are prohibited. Hook loop must be a minimum ¾” x ¾” thick at any point, must be made of steel, and not more than 1.5” X 1.5” at hook point. Final decision of legality of hitch resides with B.O.T.E. head tech official.
8. Compressed injectables (nitrous, propane, etc.) is prohibited.
9. Exhaust MUST point upwards. HOOD STACKS PROHIBITED. NO EXCEPTIONS. If exhaust is exiting under bed side, must have turn up tip to point exhaust upwards. Exhaust must exit after the back of cab. It may exit through the bed (bed stack) or under the bed. Aftermarket exhaust permitted. Exhaust MUST have (2) 3/8 diameter grade 5 bolts in exhaust installed 90* to each other, as close as practical to each other.
10. On-road fuel for Diesel trucks is permitted. Any octane rated gas for gas trucks is permitted. E85 or alcohol is prohibited.
11. Air to air intercoolers only. Aftermarket intercoolers are permitted but must be in front of radiator. Factory water to air intercoolers is permitted. Aftermarket water to air intercoolers is prohibited.
12. Engine must circulate coolant freely. Radiator must be in front of engine. Aftermarket radiators permitted.
13. Front suspension must retain full working front suspension. Limiting straps prohibited. Traction bars permitted. Front suspension may be raised or lowered.
14. Rear bump stops permitted. Bump stops must be bolt on only and removable for street use. Traction bars permitted. Rear suspension may be bolted so no travel is present.
15. Tires limited to 35×12.50” tire for single wheel trucks. Tire limited to 35×11.50 wide for dual wheel trucks. Any aftermarket wheels permitted. Dually wheels permitted when accompanied by a dually bed. All tires must be D.O.T. approved. Cutting or altering of tires is prohibited.
16. Any turbo/supercharger configuration and/or size is permitted. Its Thunder Road. The rules are, there are no rules. Twins welcome, triples preferred. Super chargers are cool too.
17. All general rules apply.
***All interpretation of these rules lie with the Tech Officials and their decision is final.***
1.Maximum weight 8000#
2. OEM Chassis is mandatory. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back half conversions and tube chassis are prohibited. Lengthening of frame allowed up to 158”. Longer trucks (158”-172”) must maintain OEM measurements for body being used.
3. The body must be OEM truck body including the full bed floor. No flatbeds permitted. The body must retain the full sheet metal. After market hoods permitted. The hood must be closed and securely latched when hooked to sled.
4. Maximum cubic inch 460. Engine must be in OEM locations for the body used. No aftermarket blocks permitted. Engine must have 3/8 cable surrounding #1 and #2 cylinders and must pass through the manifolds. 2 cables at splice with 4-6 inches of slack.
5. Cylinder head must be OEM or OEM replica for brand of engine. Outside of cylinder head must measure factory width and length. No billet heads of any material. Head must retain factory OEM valve angle. No deck plates permitted. Side draft and aftermarket intake manifolds are allowed.
6. Hook point to be no closer than 44”of centerline of rear axle. Maximum hitch height of 24” with a minimum of 3.75”x3” opening. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. The use of Reese style hitches is prohibited. Hitch must be centerline of rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed 25 degree angle from pivot point to hook point. No hitch supports or adjusters fastened to rear axle housing shall be above center point of rear axle. Pivot pin of drawbar can be no further forward than the centerline of rear axle.
7. Turbo is limited to a 2.6” inducer bore. Bore must be 55 smooth. No MAP Width Enhancement groove (MWE) allowed. Compressor wheel must protrude into 2.6” bore for 1/8”. Bore will be checked with a 2.605”turbo plug. Plug must not be able to enter inducer bore and contact wheel.
8. All vehicles must be equipped with upward pointing exhaust located either directly behind cab or out of truck hood. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other and within 12 inches of turbo.
9. Front hanging weights are allowed, not to exceed 60 inches forward from the centerline of front axle. Ballast may be added in the bed of truck but must be securely fastened. Maximum weight 8000 pounds.
10. All trucks must have at least six-inch-wide u-joint shield around the rear u-joint constructed of at least 5/16-inch steel or 3/8 aluminium that will safely contain the u-joint and the end of the driveshaft. All shields must be securely mounted to vehicle. Any front shaft u-joints that can be visibly seen from side of truck must be shielded to contain the u-joint and the end of the driveshaft.
11. A fire extinguisher system is permitted. 2.5# fire extinguisher must be securely mounted within reach of driver. A complete OEM firewall is required.
12.All drivers must have valid driver license and full SFI fire suit including helmet. Seatbelt/restraint must be worn.
13.The complete OEM floor pan is mandatory. Vehicle must maintain a complete firewall. Additional gauges and pillar pods are permitted.
14. Hand throttles permitted. Diesel fuel only (See fuels page for specs) No propane or N02 or any other oxygen enhancers allowed
15. Maximum of one P pump up to P7100 allowed. 13MM plunger limit. Ag governors permitted. The use of multiple high pressure common rail fuel pumps is legal.
16. OEM rear and front ends required. Must have come factory in a one ton or smaller vehicle. 56
17. Axle shields are required. Shield to be .060” thickness steel or aluminium. A hole may be cut in one shield to allow operation of hub lock.
18. Safety switch (rain cap or guillotine) must shut off air to diesel engines. Switch will be securely mounted to back of vehicle. A 2 inch or bigger solid ring must be attached to end of switch. Ring must be zip tied to switch bracket. Switch must also be able to be activated in cab while driver is secured in vehicle.
19. Hydraulic steering permitted
20. Suspension – The upper mounting point for strut assembly must be in factory location. Adjustable caster/ camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided the factory mounting points are maintained. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted. Raising or lowering of vehicle height with suspension modifications is permitted but must be bolt on only. Welds permitted for attachment to frame and axle only. Blocked suspension permitted. No air bags. Rear suspension may be made solid.
21. Tires must be DOT approved with maximum size of 35×12.50. No studded tires or tire chains. No alterations to tires permitted. No bar or terra tires.
22. Dual wheels are prohibited.
23. OEM transmission and transfer case must be used. Must have come factory in a one ton or smaller vehicle.
24. Non-OEM transmissions prohibited. Aftermarket torque convertors, valve bodies, and internal components are permitted.
25. SFI bell housing and/or SFI blow proof bell housing or SFI blanket type shield must be used.
26. Water injection is prohibited.
27. Air to air intercooler only. No ice or water permitted truck during competition.
1. Maximum weight 8000lbs. (Dry weight 7900# for ice allowance at scales.)
2. The OEM chassis is mandatory. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back- half conversions, tube chassis are prohibited. Maximum wheelbase 158” and 102” maximum width (outside tire to outside tire.) Rigid suspension allowed. Hydraulic steering is allowed.
3. The body must be OEM truck body, including the complete floor pan and must retain complete OEM firewall. Bed must be covered. No flatbeds permitted. The body must retain full sheet metal, aftermarket steel hoods are permitted. The hood must be closed and securely latched while hooked to the sled.
4. Maximum engine size will be 460 cubic inch. Engines must come from factory in one ton or smaller diesel pickup truck. Engine must remain in stock location as intended by manufacturer. Engines may be interchanged between manufacturers. 45 a. No aftermarket blocks permitted b. Head must be OEM or OEM one piece cast replica for that brand engine. No billet heads of any material. Outside dimensions of cylinder head must measure factory width and length. Head must retain OEM valve angle.
5. Front of engine block can be no farther forward than 17” of center line of front axle.
6. Engine must have cable surrounding block and head. Cable must be minimum 3/8” diameter located between cylinders #1 and #2. Cable must pass thru manifolds. Cable will have 4-6” of slack with a minimum of 4 cable clamps at splice.
7. All engines will have a deflection shield, running the complete length of the block casting. Shield must be securely fastened and must be .060” thick. (This equates to a steel inner fender)
8. Hook point must be no closer than 44” of center line of rear axle, hitch height maximum of 26”, with a minimum of a 3.75” X 3.0” opening. Hitch point must be easily accessed. No “trick” type hitches permitted. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. Hitch must be mounted center line of rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed a maximum of 25° angle from pivot point to hook point. No hitch supports or adjusters fastened to the rear axle housing shall be above the centerline of the rear axle. Pivot pin of drawbar can be no farther forward than center line of the rear axle.
9. Secondary hitch required. Minimum of 3/8” steel, located 12” below primary hitch on the same vertical plane. (You should be able to look directly through both at the same time – they need to be lined up.)
10. The turbocharger is smooth faced intake housing, limited to a maximum of 3.0” inlet, (no map ring) with all air entering through the 3.0” opening. Intake wheel must protrude 1/8th inch inside of opening.
11. Exhaust must exit straight up, with (2) 3/8” bolts 46 mounted in a cross pattern no more than 1” apart as close to the turbine wheel as possible, no more than 6” away from turbine wheel.
12. Intercoolers allowed. Dumping or draining intercoolers without a catch pan within 100 feet of competition track is prohibited.
13. Water injection is prohibited. All components must be removed from the truck.
14. Air shut off must have a cable that goes to the rear of truck operated by the sled operator and also one to the cab of the truck. Kill switch will be securely mounted to the back of the vehicle and have a two (2) inch diameter metallic ring to attach the sled.
15. Fuel Systems: Maximum of one P7100 pump (2 5/8”W x 9 9/16”L x 8 3/16”H main pump body), limited to one plunger per cylinder. The use of multiple high pressure common rail fuel pumps is allowed. Ford Powerstroke engine may utilize a second HPOP. Electronic fuel injection is permitted. A 3-way dump valve mounted before the injection pump is mandatory which can be operated by the driver while strapped in the seat.
16. No fuel lines or tanks permitted inside of truck cab unless securely mounted in marine box.
17. Fuel limited to diesel fuel. No alcohol, nitrous, propane or any oxygen enhancing agents allowed.
18. Must run DOT approved tire. Maximum tire height 35”, no studded tires or chains. No alteration to DOT tires allowed. Dual rear wheels are permitted on rear axle only. Maximum of 6 tires.
19. Front weights must be no more than 60” from the center line of the front axle to forward most point and be securely fastened. No weights are allowed in cab of the truck. If weights are located in the bed of truck they are to be securely fastened to the bed of the truck.
20. Drive train will consist of the following: Any front axle, any transfer case and any rear axle. No planetaries 47 permitted.
21. Axle shields are required. Shield to be .060” thickness steel or aluminium. Shield not to be mounted to axle ends or hub bolts. A hole may be cut in one to allow locking in of hubs.
22. No cast iron clutches or flywheels permitted, must be SFI approved. Trucks with automatic transmissions, refer to General Rules.
23. SFI bellhousing blankets and/or SFI blow proof bellhousing required.
24. All U-joints must be shielded 360 degrees with 3/8” thick aluminium w/1/8” steel liner or 5/16” thick steel. Shield will be 6 inches long minimum and centered on u-joint. Inside diameter of shield will be no more than 2 inches larger than u-joint.
25. All intermediate shafts between the transmission and transfer case will be totally enclosed in 3/8” aluminium or 5/16” steel, ¼” of shaft may be visible.
26. Fire extinguisher (2.5#) or fire suppression system, Helmets-Snell 90 or better, SFI fire suits, head sock, gloves, shoes, and seatbelts required
Street Legal Semi Rules
This class is for street legal, licensed semi-trucks. This is truly an OPEN class for all semi-trucks, but it is definitely NOT a PURE STOCK class. Weight of Truck: 22,000 lb. Maximum
1. All entries must be a Street Licensed Semi Truck. The owner must furnish a current registration card for the vehicle at the time of registration and the driver must have a valid CDL license. Truck must be capable of pulling a trailer on the highway.
2. Ballast is not permitted at any point on the chassis. Special trucks, such as oil field trucks that carry additional weight not normally found on a “road ready” truck are not permitted in this class.
3. Batteries must be securely mounted. They may not be mounted in the driver compartment, or forward of the radiator support.
4. Trucks must have a minimum of 66” from the center of the tandems to the first structural obstruction such as the bunk, toolbox, cab, etc. This is the minimum swing clearance needed to pull a trailer.
5. The driver is the only person allowed to ride in the cab while vehicle is on pulling track. The driver may not leave the seat while vehicle is on the pulling track. All direction will be taken from the flagman on the track.
6. Driver must use seatbelt and shoulder harness if the vehicle is so equipped, when hooked to the sled.
7. Engine must be stock appearing. Engines in the truck must have been available in a class 8 series truck.
8. Exhaust must be directed away from the fuel tank and driver and exit upward. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be installed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other as close to the final turbo as is practical.
9. A fire extinguisher is mandatory. A fire extinguisher system is permitted.
10. Normal pump diesel is the only fuel permitted in the class.
11. Alteration/modification/replacement of the (OEM) original factory fuel pump is not permitted. No fuel pump may be modified with Sigma parts. A Cummins engine must have a Cummins fuel pump- A Detroit must have a Detroit Fuel pump- A Cat must have a Cat fuel pump. Electronic engines must remain electric. No mechanical fuel pumps permitted on electronic engines.
12. All engines turning 4500 RPM and higher must be equipped with a harmonic balancer or damper meeting SFI Spec 18.1.
13. Hitch height is to be determined by promoter. Hitch must work from the fifth wheel with the fifth wheel centered between centerline of the front axle to the center of the two axles.
14. No further forward then the center of the front axle and no further back then center between the two axles.
15. A complete interior, including dashboard, door panels, headliner, etc., is mandatory. Two matching front seats are mandatory. Aftermarket seats are permitted; they must be fully upholstered. All factory controls (lights, signals, horn, windows, wipers, etc.) must be retained and be operative. The use of hand-throttle controls is prohibited.
16. The vehicle must retain the full, original OEM steering gear. The vehicle must retain the original OEM power steering assistance, if it was so equipped. Additional stabilizers are permitted. Non-OEM power assist methods are prohibited.
17. Street Equipment: Complete headlight and taillight assemblies (all) are mandatory and must be operative. Complete OEM windshield and windows are mandatory. Windows must be operative per factory specifications; that is, they must open and close via OEM electrical or mechanical means.
18. The use of air bags is permitted. However no air may be added to or removed from the air bags while the truck is hooked to the weight transfer machine. The height of the hitch must remain the same from start to finish. Any change in the hitch height will be cause for disqualification. Chaining or blocking of drive axles is not permitted.
19. The tires must be DOT street tires. Cut tires are prohibited.
20. Transmission must have been available in a class 8 truck from factory
21. A single turbocharger is the maximum permitted. *EXCEPTION- An NTC 475 Cummins factory twin turbo set-up and a 2006, 2007, and 2008 Cat twin turbo is permitted with the factory-installed twin turbo set-up and absolutely no modifications are allowed.
22. Water injection in any form is not permitted. No ether, alcohol, nitrous or other combustible (propellant) liquid or combustible material may be injected into the turbocharger or any part of the air intake system.
Pro Street Semi Rules
1. The class is open to three axle truck tractors with tandem drive axles. Driving steer axle not allowed. Trucks are to maintain a ‘street ready’ appearance. Vehicle license and inspection are not required.
2. The weight of the driver and vehicle not to exceed 22,000 lbs. Trucks may be split weighed at events that do not have a scale long enough to weigh the whole truck at once. If one truck in the class needs to be split weighed due to its length, all trucks in the class will be split weighed. When split weighing, the suspension must not be chained and air bags must all have the same pressure in them at the time the truck is weighed. In the case of a solid rear axle suspension, the air pressure in the front drive air bags must remain the same when weighing the front and rear of the truck. A 1% variation in the weight of each truck will be used when split weighing.
3. Trucks with air ride suspension must be equipped with chains or some type of limiting device on both drive axles to prevent the height of the frame from changing during the pull. Limiting device must not have any ‘give’ built in. Solid rear drive axle suspension permitted, however front drive must be chained or limited. Chains or limiting devices must be tight (no slack) when the hitch is measured. Four short chains or cables from the side of the frame down to the axle housings is recommended. No chains and binders going up and over the frame rails allowed. Maximum air pressure in the suspension airbags must be limited to 80psi by installing an air pressure regulator in the leveling valve supply line. An air pressure gauge mounted at the regulator in a visible position must be present to check air pressure. This is done to prevent breakage of the suspension limiting device or failure of the airbags due to an over pressure condition. Breakage or failure of a chain or limiting device while hooked to the sled will be cause for disqualification.
4. Puller must supply their own hitching device. Hitches must pull from a standard fifth wheel. Center of fifth wheel must be located in a position between the center of the front drive axle and the center point between the drive axles. There must be a minimum of 66” of unobstructed area from the center of the fifth wheel forward to the first obstruction (cab, sleeper toolbox, headache rack etc.). Hitch cannot be longer than 7 feet measured from center of rear axle to hook point. Hitch must have an adjustment range from 20” down to 16” with suspension in the ‘pull ready’ position. Hook point must have a 3.5” hole. Hitch height will be measured with suspension inflated and chains or limiting devices tight.
5. Extra ballast weight is permitted. Weights or brackets cannot interfere with hooking the sled to the hitch. Weights or brackets cannot extend more than 51” rearward past the center of the rear drive axle. Weights on front of truck cannot extend more than 24” forward of the stock forward most point.
6. Engine must be a make and model that was commercially available in a class 8 truck. Internal modifications to increase the displacement are permitted. A single turbocharger is permitted with a maximum intake wheel inducer size of 4.100”. Turbo size will be checked using a 4.200” plug. Turbo cannot be bushed down from a larger size. No oval shaped inducer bores. Compressor wheel must extend into the inducer bore and cover the map groove. Factory style map width-enhancement groove is permitted; no other means for air to get to the compressor wheel are permitted.
7. Water only injection is permitted. No ether, methanol, propane or any other flammables or combustion enhancers are allowed in any form. Commercially available diesel fuel is the only fuel allowed.
8. Truck must be equipped with a SFI approved clutch/flywheel assembly. Engine bell housing must be shielded 360 degrees with any one of the following: a SFI approved shield; SFI approved scatter blanket(s) securely fastened and overlapped at least 6”.
9. One scatter shield must be on all universal joints beyond the rear of the transmission. Scatter shield must be of a solid construction, 5/16” thick steel minimum and be able to contain debris or direct debris toward the ground. Scatter shields not required on the interaxle driveshaft provided the top of the frame between the rears is securely covered with minimum 1/8” aluminum or steel. One drive shaft loop must be installed on any drive shaft over 36 inches long including those with a carrier bearing. Driveshaft loop should be near the center of the shaft and be capable of keeping the shaft from coming out of the vehicle in the event of breakage.
10. A minimum of one 4” diameter clear light must be on the rear of the truck, must be activated by transmission when shifted into neutral. Truck must be equipped with a transmission activated neutral start switch or a clutch switch so that the starter will not engage unless the transmission is in neutral or the clutch is fully depressed.
11. Working rear wheel brakes are required on both drive axles. Parking brake chambers are required on at least one drive axle.
12. Exhaust must discharge vertically, turnout style pipes allowed. Through the hood exhaust stacks ALLOWED. Two minimum 3/8” diameter bolts must be installed in the exhaust pipe after the turbo at a 90 degree angle, within 1 inch of each other.
13. An emergency engine air shut off is required. Shutoff must be capable of being operated from the driver’s seat. A 2” diameter ring must be at the rear of the truck to operate the shutoff from the sled. Ring must be as close to center of the truck as possible.
14. Engine driven cooling fans must have fiberglass blades, metal blades not allowed. Fan must be inside a shroud.
15. Engine and radiator must be in the original OEM location.
16. Truck must be equipped with a master electrical disconnect switch mounted near the driver’s side door steps and easily accessible to someone on the ground.
|RULES – All Tractors|
|1. Tractor must have a twisted clevis or a plate with a 4” hole.|
|2. No cut tires.|
|3. Maximum drawbar height of 20”.|
|4. Minimum length of drawbar from center of rear axle – 24”.|
|5. Tractor must have the following components if it was available from the factory. Hydraulic remotes – PTO or Factory Cover.|
|6. Wheelie bars are strongly recommended.|
|7. No loose weight in cab or on operator’s platform.|
|8. Maximum of two classes per tractor.|
|1. Tractors must be stock including Turbo and Fuel System. Fuel screw may be adjusted.|
|2. Maximum tire size of 20.8/38 or 18.4/42|
|3. Tractor must not exceed 30% over stock RPM with a maximum of 3000 RPM.|
|1. Tractors must be stock including Turbo and Fuel System. Fuel screw may be adjusted.|
|2. Maximum RPM – 3000.|
|3. Maximum tire size 20.8 x 42.|